NOTICE: County begins review of bylaws and policies
August 20, 2020
The municipality is completing a full review of its policies and bylaws.
This is the first comprehensive review of County bylaws and policies since amalgamation in 1998. The Clerk’s Office is leading the review with the assistance of the consulting firm Diverse Systems Group.
“We have seen an incredible amount of legislative, social, technological changes over the past 20 years. Now is the time to make sure that the by-laws and polices that guide the work of Council and staff are in the line with the current environment,” says Clerk Catalina Blumenberg.
A final report is expected to come to Council this fall. It will include a number of recommendations that will focus on ways the municipality can:
- Improve the quality of decision-making
- Minimize risk for the municipality
- Help staff, residents, businesses better understand and navigate municipal
Residents and businesses can offer their input as part of the review process. Through Have Your Say, the County online engagement tool, the public can:
- Share their experience with current bylaws and policies
- Recommend ways the municipality can improve or adjust bylaws and policies
- Offer feedback on the ways in the which the unique nature of Prince Edward County impacts the delivery of services and governance
The municipality welcomes your feedback by Friday, August 28. If you have questions or require further information about the review, please contact Catalina Blumenberg at 613.476.2148 extension 1021 or email email@example.com.